Tel: 014 004 0131
Grafiti, Bela Bela
Grafiti is a boutique overnight Bed and Breakfast with a flair for colour and modern art in the quiet residential district of Bela Bela, Limpopo. Discover tastefully selected furniture pieces, eye-catching wallpaper and expressive Frieda Kahlo art pieces with a twist.
As part of its first phase, the two storey, 800 sqm, property offers 6 Deluxe and 1 Superior Twin en suite air conditioned Bedrooms, each with a private patio or balcony overlooking the lush gardenscape and beautifully manicured lawns. The individually decorated bedrooms boast a selection of amenities, including coffee machine, bar fridge and 32 inch Smart flat screen televisions with YouTube, Netflix and ShowMax. Complimentary Wi-Fi is also available throughout the property.
For relaxation guests can enjoy a dip in the sparkling swimming pool adjacent to the main building. Soak up the sun all year long as the area prides itself on its mild climate during winter and hot summer months. After a long day out and about in Bela Bela, relaxation doesn’t come any better or more well-deserved.
A state-of-the-art conference room is located on the mezzanine level and will be opening soon. With exceptional amenities, the meeting space is ideal for up to 50 delegates. The 4.5m high beamed ceilings create a serene space, whilst the fireplace and its private lounge adds sophistication to the venue. It also has a separate private entrance so as not to disturb in house guests. A tea and coffee station is available indoors. For convenience there are also his and hers toilets for delegates.
A charming dining room with serving counters will start your day with a mouth-watering breakfast. During the winter months the corner wood fireplace will add rustic charm to the space. Look out onto the green spaces through the many windows that add light to the dining room. Guests can also unwind in the lounge on the ground floor. The reception is just around the corner to assist guests with all their needs to make their stay in the Waterberg a memorable one. A guest toilet is also available nearby.
Secure on site parking is available to all in-house guests that will put you at ease while enjoying some well-earned comforts in this unique South of African establishment.
A planned second phase will introduce 4 additional bedrooms at the end of 2022 with interleading suites that will also be ideal for family holidaying in the Limpopo, just 1 hour’s drive north of Gauteng. A further extension of the relaxation area in the gardens will include two pergolas and a heated Jacuzzi with sun loungers. Another private Moroccan Garden is also planned for the conference room where delegates will have a private space to socialize and enjoy drinks.
What makes Grafiti special?
- When you want to experience Bela Bela’s unspoilt nature but still desire the luxurious comforts in the 4 and 5-star class of a boutique B&B, Grafiti offers a delightfully tranquil setting with easy access to Pretoria and Johannesburg.
- Deluxe and Superior Twin Bedrooms to suit your needs.
- Ideal getaway to laugh, relax and socialise while you savour scrumptious breakfasts, hang out by the swimming pool or catch up on some reading in the gardens.
- Facilities for conferencing in a modern venue with fireplace and lounge. (Coming soon)
Other facilities at Grafiti include:
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Breakfast Room suitable for 16 guests with fireplace
- Outdoor fireplace with seating
- Relaxing swimming pool
- Safe available at reception for guests to store items
Guests may choose between a pleasing array of room choices when staying at Grafiti in Bela Bela. There are two room categories available, Deluxe and Superior. Each air conditioned bedroom offers a private en suite bathroom with shower, while some rooms also have a bath or a set of two showers for the romantic couple. All rooms have a coffee machine, 32 inch Smart flat screen TV, and bar fridge. The ceiling fan also has Bluetooth enabled speakers!
Deluxe Double/Twin Rooms:
These two bedrooms are located on the ground floor, with glass doors opening onto a private patio. These ground floor bedrooms each have a bathroom en suite with shower, basin and toilet.
Deluxe Double/Twin Room with Balcony:
These three first floor bedrooms have unique qualities that make them stand out. While some have a more spacious bedroom area, or a larger private balcony, each room makes up for it with something unique. Two of the rooms have pool views from their balconies, while the third has a garden view. One of the rooms offer a charming bay window seat for reading. While not all of the rooms have the exact same bathroom setup, all offer a walk in shower, toilet and basin to guests. One of the rooms even has a modern double shower!
Deluxe Double/Twin Room with Pool View:
This first floor bedrooms share the same facilities as its other first floor sibling with one difference: its separate bathroom not only boasts a walk in shower, it also has a bath for guests who enjoy a long soak in the tub. The room offers pool views from it private balcony. It also has a cosy bay window seat for reading.
Superior Twin Room with Balcony:
The first floor bedroom is the largest room in house. With its two XL single beds (available together or separated), the bedroom has glass doors opening onto a large private balcony with stunning views of the pool and gardens. It’s luxury bathroom offers all the amenities you need, including a bath for the long bubble-bath soaks, a basin and toilet, as well as a large double shower. It further offers a unique outside open air double shower, which leads off from the bathroom through French doors.
Located at 2 Flamboyant Road, Bela Bela, Limpopo.
From Pretoria: Take the N1 north towards Polokwane. Take the R516 Bela Bela off ramp and turn left towards Bela Bela. At the robot, turn right, cross the bridge and turn right at the next robot. Continue on Marx St/R101 and turn slight left onto Sutter Road at the slipway, cross left onto Kretzschmar St, and follow it for 1.5km until the road crosses with Flamboyant St. Grafiti is on your left.
From Polokwane: Take the N1 south towards Gauteng. Take the R516 Bela Bela off ramp and turn right towards Bela Bela. At the robot, turn right, cross the bridge and turn right at the next robot. Continue on Marx St/R101 and turn slight left onto Sutter Road at the slipway, cross left onto Kretzschmar St, and follow it for 1.5km until the road crosses with Flamboyant St. Grafiti is on your left.
Guests staying at Grafiti can choose from a diverse range of activities in Bela Bela, Modimolle (formerly Nylstroom) and the surrounding areas of the Waterberg.
In Bela Bela and Modimolle
Grafiti is situated in the residential suburbs of Bela Bela, a bustling town with plenty of attractions including flea markets, restaurants, tea gardens and shops.
- Enjoy delicious homemade farm culinary fare such as ginger beer, lemonade, freshly baked cakes and bread and jams at the various farm stalls / coffee shops in and around Bela Bela.
- Visit historical Sites in Bela Bela and Modimolle. These include graves of Christina Pretorius (wife of Voortrekker Andries Pretorius), Strydom House, the Concentration camp and the British Block House erected to protect the railway line during the Anglo-Boer war.
- Several Health and Beauty Spas in and around Bela Bela and Modimolle offer wonderfully indulgent pampering spa experiences.
- The Hydro (at Forever Resorts in Bela Bela) is famous for its therapeutic hot mineral springs. These geothermal springs gush from the Earth at a rate of 22 000 litres of water per hour with a temperature of 52°C. Here guests can relax with specialised beauty treatments including full body massages, pedicures, manicures and hydrotherapy.
- Located next door to the Elephant Springs Hotel in Bela Bela is Hollywood Bets; South Africa’s premier betting brand, offering the public an upmarket ‘casino inspired’ environment where punters can bet in comfort and style, where they can enjoy quality food and a cold beer, and where attention to detail and top-class service is the order of the day.
Scenic and Outdoor adventures
Apart from the activities mentioned below, outdoor and adventure enthusiasts can also enjoy cable water skiing, quad biking, zip lining, clay target shooting, 4×4 trails, boating, hot air ballooning and archery in the Waterberg area.
- Walk or cycle in the Nylsvley Nature Reserve, situated in Africa’s largest inland floodplain. Open all year round during the day, this 4,000 hectare protected reserve offers a unique biodiversity of plant and animal life, including roan antelope, Tsessebe buck and approximately 370 bird species. During peak floods, the flood plain becomes a critical nesting and feeding site for over 80,000 migratory birds.
- Tee off for a game of golf at Koro Creek Golf Estate or visit one of the acclaimed signature golf courses designed by Ernie Els and Gary Player such as Zebula country club.
- Go mountain biking on 35km of farm roads at the 3,800ha Lindani game reserve, and then enjoy your own picnic in the reserve. Rated by Tread magazine as one of its top mountain bike single tracks, it is now open for day visitors. Booking is essential.
- Learn bass fishing from an expert in a nearby dam in Bela Bela.
- Enjoy the Waterberg on horseback as the first pioneers did many years ago. Savannah Horse Trails offers horse riding trails and safaris for experienced riders on trails that combine beautiful wilderness scenery and informative guiding.
- Get tactical. Skulls Paintball, situated on the R101 five kilometers from Bela Bela, offers a fun physical activity that demands teamwork and strategy planning.
- Boost your adrenaline by abseiling down a steep rocky mountainside at Mabalingwe Nature Reserve.
- Take a trail hike on a local game farm or enjoy an outdoor bush picnic.
- Take a game viewing drive at one of the local reserves and experience unspoilt Africa in an open vehicle through grasslands, rocky ravines and beautiful mountains.
- Pack a picnic and visit Doorndraai Dam Nature Reserve at the foot of the scenic Waterberg Mountains approximately 90 minutes drive away.
- Meet and interact with orphaned and injured wild animals at Sondela Wildlife Centre, open at specific times throughout the week. Pre-booking is essential.
- Experience an eco-drive, cultural tour and braai under African stars south of Bela Bela with Kwalata Culture and Wildlife Tours. They also offer various adventure teambuilding excursions.
- Take a walking tour at Bambelela Wildlife Care Farm. During these two-hour guided wildlife walks, you’ll learn more about indigenous vervet monkeys.
- Watch crocodiles feeding at the Thaba Kwena Crocodile Farm.
- Savour an unforgettable nature experience at the De Wildt Shingwedzi Cheetah & Wildlife Breeding Project. The centre offers two-hour tours where visitors get the opportunity to see and learn more about cheetah, wild dogs, caracal, serval, African wildcat and vultures.
- Have a thrilling hands-on interaction with elephants. The Adventures with Elephants educational facility is located on a beautiful 300-hectare wildlife reserve 35 kilometres from Bela Bela off the R516. The Hensman family runs the facility, having trained more than 60 elephants since 1988. Learn more about these gentle giants from their friendly experienced handlers as you greet, touch and feed them. You can also go on a Starlight elephant-back safari or even swim with these delightful creatures that enjoy interacting with humans.
- Take a walk on the wildlife side at the Dinokeng Game Reserve, which boasts abundant bird- and wildlife including zebra, giraffe, white rhino, warthog, black-backed jackal and the elusive African rock python. You can also see numerous buck species, including kudu, blue wildebeest, eland, waterbuck, impala, blesbuck, duiker, nyala and mountain reedbuck.
- View beautiful exotic birds, one of South Africa’s largest private primate collections as well as white lions, tigers and cheetahs at Mystic Monkeys and Feathers Wildlife Park near Rust de Winter.
- Visit the historical summit of Buyskop, situated approximately four kilometres north of Bela Bela. During the Republican days, the site provided fresh horses to travellers and acted as a halfway house for the mail coach that drove between Pretoria and Polokwane (formerly Pietersburg). Buyskop also contained deposits of sandstone that was used to construct some sections of the Union Buildings in Pretoria.
A state-of-the-art conference room is located on the mezzanine level. With exceptional amenities, the meeting space is ideal for up to 50 delegates. The 4.5m high beamed ceilings create a serene space, whilst the fireplace and its private lounge adds sophistication to the venue.
The conference room has a separate private entrance so as not to disturb in house guests, with a staircase near the reception. A tea and coffee station is available indoors. For convenience there are also his and hers toilets available.
Grafiti’s conference equipment include a flip chart, projector hire and sound system hire. We are also able to offer special menus for year end functions and parties or meals for groups.
Tel: 014 004 0131