South of Africa wins big at Provincial Lilizela Tourism Awards
The past week saw South of Africa’s collection being honoured in the provincial Lilizela Tourism Awards ceremonies of the Western Cape and Limpopo. In 2018 the group had a total of 4 nominations at provincial level, with 2 properties, namely Birdsong Cottages and the Abalone Pool Villas, winning their respective provincial categories.
This year South of Africa had a massive 7 nominations, with Abalone Pool Villas winning for a second year in a row, and Modimolle Funky Stay Backpackers raking in its first win.
Shangri-La’s Conference Centre will be joining both properties as a finalist in the national awards ceremony, making it the first time South of Africa had three properties represented at the upcoming awards evening, which is South Africa’s most prestigious tourism event.
Here are the winners and nominees for 2019’s Provincial Awards.
• Abalone Pool Villas – WINNER 5-star Bed & Breakfast
• Bid Huisie – FINALIST 3-star Self-catering Exclusive
• Birdsong Cottages – FINALIST 3-star Self-catering Exclusive
• Elephant Springs Conference Centre – FINALIST 3-star Conference Centre
• Shangri-La Country Hotel – FINALIST 4-star Hotel
• Modimolle Funky Stay Backpackers – WINNER 4-star Backpackers / Hostel
• Shangri-La Conference Center – National FINALIST MESE Category