The past week saw South of Africa’s collection being honoured in the provincial Lilizela Tourism Awards ceremonies of the Western Cape and Limpopo. In 2018 the group had a total of 4 nominations at provincial level, with 2 properties, namely Birdsong Cottages and the Abalone Pool Villas, winning their respective provincial categories.
This year South of Africa had a massive 7 nominations, with Abalone Pool Villas winning for a second year in a row, and Modimolle Funky Stay Backpackers raking in its first win.
Shangri-La’s Conference Centre as well as Elephant Springs’ Conference Centre both received their first ever nomination at provincial level.
Here are the winners and nominees for 2019’s Provincial Awards.
• Abalone Pool Villas – WINNER 5-star Bed & Breakfast
• Bid Huisie – FINALIST 3-star Self-catering Exclusive
• Birdsong Cottages – FINALIST 3-star Self-catering Exclusive
• Elephant Springs Conference Centre – FINALIST 3-star Conference Centre
• Shangri-La Country Hotel – FINALIST 4-star Hotel
• Modimolle Funky Stay Backpackers – WINNER 4-star Backpackers / Hostel
• Shangri-La Conference Center – FINALIST MESE Category